Sparrowbooks

Recovering for Psychological Injuries 2nd Edition 0941916510
William A. Barton Arnett J. Holloway
Garner on Language & Writing
Bryan A. Garner

Studyguide for Concepts and Case Analysis in the Law of Contracts by Chirelstein, Marvin A., ISBN 9781599410272 (Cram101 Textbook Reviews) - Cram101 Textbook Reviews I kind of love this book. When there's a book that tells me what I'm actually supposed to know about the law, it gets a special place in my heart.

At first, I hated this book and was totally baffled by the way the case summaries were arranged within the chapters. Then, someone reminded me to use my handy-dandy coloring scheme and it all became clear. Here's the thing, for all of you who I'm sure will want to be going off to law school in the near future: buy twistable crayons. Everyone studies differently, I guess, and I'm a really visual learner, so this might not work universally, but the best advice I got before going to law school was to color code the cases. You choose different colors for facts, issue, holding, and reasoning (maybe procedural history, too, but I just lumped that in with facts), and then you use different colors for underlining. In this book, it was like magic. You could do the same thing with regular highlighters, obviously, but the crayons don't smear. You can thank me later.

Chirelstein summarizes all of the common law principles of contracts in this book, and I'm pretty sure it would be pretty readable for pedestrians. Plus, there's a part about Donald Duck shaking hands with a teeny tiny Mickey Mouse living in regular Mickey Mouse's brain, or something, and that's pretty good. Plus, it's, like, really short. I don't think it would work without the highlighting, but with the highlighting, it's really great. That's it.