Sparrowbooks

Recovering for Psychological Injuries 2nd Edition 0941916510
William A. Barton Arnett J. Holloway
Garner on Language & Writing
Bryan A. Garner
iZombie, Vol. 1: Dead to the World - Chris Roberson, Mike Allred Whaaaaa? I don’t even know how to react to this because I am so caught up with the locale description. This is set in Eugene, you guys. This book is set where I live! Only not. These people . . . and the places . . . so weird. Most of this takes place in a diner. A DINER! How weird is that? Have you even BEEN to Eugene? A diner called Dixie’s? Where the owner was part of the mafia? That crazy Eugene mafia. WTH? And it is open all night? I am lost to what you are trying to do here.

AND WHAT GRAVEYARD IS THAT??? It looks like Pioneer Cemetery, but I don’t think they bury people there anymore. I mean, this is what the book was to me. Extreme cultural dissonance.

And one guy works at the tower retirement home where they have, or at least used to have, the old-people-crossing sign, but in this book, it’s called Whilamut Retirement, or some shit like that. Seriously??? That's not a place, right?? RIGHT?? Don’t do that. And don’t tell me people pronounce that word right when you spell it that way. Maybe I am being totally un-PC, so sorry Eugenians if I’m missing something (and definitely correct me), but people can learn to pronounce the word without a new transliteration. And I feel ya on the retirement home being the tallest building in the city, but it is NOT a shiny new glass building. Is it?? Do I not know this city at all?! No. I don't think it is. Keep dreaming.

And these people are walking around wearing clothes from Deb, and there are no college kids, OR even any rasta stoners, OR even bikers with giant plugs, or ANYTHING. Which, I’ll give you that is not the sum of the culture of Eugene, but seriously, these people are going to a DINER to drink coffee. What? What is happening?

So, there is also a story that happens in this book, I think, but I’m not totally sure because these people are going to a DINER to drink COFFEE in EUGENE! I am just as appalled as you are. I don’t know. These people must actually live in Springfield or Creswell is all I can imagine. And that would explain the importance of paintball. Not that I have a problem with paintballing, but it’s not exactly the essence of Eugene culture.

So confusing.

Generally, I think I like the idea about supernatural beings having a soul mixup. That was pretty good, but I am mostly concerned about where there is a diner in Eugene that is open all night, and what kind of coffee they serve.

My friend Kay gave me this book for graduation, which was awesome of her. Kay, did you know this was set in Eugene(ish)????!!!! Crazy. And what is the deal with "Whilamut"?